Meet the Faculty
Sheila Grant, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Research
College of Engineering
- Phone: 573-884-9666
- E-mail: GrantSA@missouri.edu
- Address: 250 Agricultural Engineering Building
- Web site: web.missouri.edu/~grantsa/
- Ph.D. Iowa State University, Materials Engineering
- M.S. Iowa State University, Biomedical Engineering
- Optical biosensors and biomaterials.
- Grant's research interests involve developing nanostructured biocomposites. Her work addresses in vivo analysis of tissue integration into novel biocomposites for soft tissue replacement as well as materials characterization of explanted biomaterials. Additionally, Grant's research interests involve developing novel sensing mechanisms and sensing platforms by:
- Using fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) in order to achieve high sensitivity with minimal false positives and false negatives.
- Using new advances in microtechnology and nanotechnology to develop innovated sensor platforms for improved sensitivity, miniaturization, portability and low cost.
- Introduction to Biomaterials
- Biomaterial Interfaces
- Medical Sensors and Biosensors