Meet the Faculty
Caixia (Ellen) Wan, Ph.D.
- Phone: 573-884-7882
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 239 Agricultural Eng Bldg
- Website: web.missouri.edu/~wanca
- Ph.D. Ohio State University, Biological Engineering
- Biofuels and bioproducts
- Biocatalysis and biotransformation
- Bioreactor design
- Fermentation processes
- Anaerobic digestion
- Wan's research interests focus on the development of novel technologies for the production of biofuels and bioproducts from biomass (e.g., crop residues, algae, agro-industrial byproducts). Her research areas include biomass pretreatment, biocatalysis and biotransformation, bioreactor design, fermentation process optimization, and anaerobic digestion. Her research also involves the integration of bioprocesses with thermochemical/catalytic processes for cost-effective conversion of biomass to advanced biofuels and high-value co-products.