Research Focus Areas
Automated pupil detection and measurement for analysis of vision system responses and diagnosis of vision problems.
Highly-functional soybean oil is used to make rigid and flexible polyurethane foams.
- Biophotonics and biosensing (Grant, Yao, Gu and Tan):
- Medical imaging (CT, tissue optics, OCT, photoacoustics, ultrasound).
- Biosensing and Bioimaging (FRET, molecular rotor, optical resonator, single-molecule sensing, delayed fluorescence).
- Membrane transport and signaling (Gillis, Lee, Gu and Ding):
- Cell electrophysiology and sensing (ion channels, Ca sensing, exocytosis, bioMEMS, neuronal-glial interaction, 2-p microscopy).
- Cell mechanics (properties of astrocytes, AFM).
- Biomass-based products and food engineering (Hsieh, Jacoby and Tan):
- Biofoams and biofuels.
- Food process development.
- Water quality (Thompson, ASM and ARS faculty):
- Nonpoint source modeling.
- Waste management and waste water treatment.
- Precision agriculture (Sudduth):
- Sensor development (soil and crop properties, chemicals).
- Precision application technology.
- Partnership with USDA Agricultural Research Service: